Jan 5, 2012

28 days left

So I have been debating for a while weather I wanted to start a blog or not. Today I finally decided to. I always have a lot on my mind and even though my friends and family are supportive I don't want to drive them crazy with only talking about me. Also I'm not a very expressive person when it comes to my feelings so I thought it would be easier to blog my thoughts! Right now my husband is in week 4 of BMT. I am new at this military life thing because I didn't grow up in a military family. Its a lot to take in all at once. I feel so lost without my other half sometimes. We have been together for 3.5 years and have been married for 4 months. After seeing or talking to Steve everyday for the last 3 and a half years its very hard not to hear from him at all. So far I have gotten 4 phone calls and 1 letter from him. Even though I know they don't get a lot of time to write letters I'm really upset that he has only wrote to me once. It hurts me to know that his fellow AB's have time to write to their families but he doesn't make time to write to me. But how do I tell him this when he's going through so much right now? I don't feel its fair for me to complain but I don't want to continue to be upset by this. I just miss him so much and it would be nice to be able to hear from him more than once a week. I mean I write him every single day. I have joined a bunch of fb groups for Airman families which really helps but sometimes it just makes me more upset. Like when someone from his TRS gets to call home and I don't get a call. I get so jealous and upset. I also hate when people say "it will get easier" or "don't worry the time will fly" I'm not that optimistic and don't like to hear things like that. I feel like missing him will never get easier, I might get more used to him not being around but that doesn't mean its easier. And even though I know the time will probably go quicker than I think, as of right now it doesn't feel that way. I mean the thing that made me start this blog today is because I was watching tv and a true life about wrestling (real wrestling not "pro" wrestling) came on and I started to cry. Steve used to wrestle in HS when we started dating. It used to be a huge part of his life and it made me think of him and I just started to cry. I feel like if I told anyone that they would think I was crazy, that something that simple could make me that upset. However as much as this sucks right now I love my husband more than anything and I know everything will be worth it when I see him again. This is what he chose to do with his life and I supported him from the beginning! I am so proud of him. Besides I know once I see him again it will be as he never left! I love you Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment